Thursday, April 06, 2006

 
I've got an associate who I've been keeping late in the office too many nights over the past few weeks, working on a deal that's almost finished. As a reward for all the hours he's been putting in, I arranged for him to get to use the firm's Dodgers box last night. When I told him yesterday morning, he was pretty excited, and immediately called up three friends to take the other tickets. And at 4:00, the client called. And there was nothing I could do. I needed the associate in the office late, or the work wasn't going to get done. So he found a fourth friend to take his seat, and he was left to watch the ESPN Gamecast on his laptop in the office while he revised a motion. But not to worry: his turn to get the box should come up again a year from June, and it's more likely than not that this deal will be finished by then.



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?